« Home | ...America, America..this is you! » | Segregation never, inspiration now » | Here we go... »

...It feels good!

Today was a great day. It started at 12 :00am (naturally). I had the privilege of bringing it in while on stage at a regular gig of mine in Baltimore. Ah…Towson University Students are wonderful...and Wednesday is dollar beer night so there were lots of drunk girls shaking what their mama’s gave them in front of me, and lots of drunk guys staring at my every move. What fun…. Last night was a little different than all the other nights. This time a friend of mine drove. It was nice because I often dread traveling from DC to Baltimore, performing with everything I’ve got, doing the meet and greet thing, fighting off drunk people, packing up and moving gear, then, driving all the way back to DC. Thing is…I love it more than I hate it :) But it was still nice to have a friend drive…

So…my friend, we’ll call him Big G kept talking about the show the whole way home. It was cool. It was the first time he caught our set in its entirety and he kept talking about how the bar didn’t charge him for his food ‘cause he showed up with me and how that made him feel like “one of the big boys”. He was so excited…then he starts talking about how I should never have to drive to a gig. Big G then says that he is going to rent a Cadillac and drive me to the gig every Wednesday we play there. I thought he was kidding but he assured me over and over again with the whole “you think I’m kidding…just wait and see…” line. Big G says that to him I’m a star and I should be treated like one… I don’t need all that stuff (probably because my man spoils the shit of me)…but I couldn’t stop thinking…what a friend. I was indeed flattered….

So anyway, back to my day…so the ride up and back involved me reading a book about Electronic Music. I am currently attending school to become a board certified Music Therapist and decided that I knew enough about Electronic Music that I shouldn’t have to take the class…so…I asked the professor if I could try to test out of it. He allowed me to take the final exam…and the results are……………………………………………………….. ……………………………………………………………………….. I passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With an 80% !!!! Do you know how wonderful that feels! I just wanted to scream!.. wait… I did scream, then I called my sweetie pie, and my father, and my mother…and two of my friends, and danced around my living room with Loverboy (my pussy…cat that is) It just felt good. I’m working on my second degree here and it feels nice to be able to take some short-cuts. So today was a good day (even though I only slept for about three hours) It was a great day.

Ahh, sounds like someone wants to be your boyfriend:)

Well done baby doll :)

And yeah...ldbug is right...Who be dis BigG?


hmmmm.

LOL

;)

Ah Tidy..we are soooo connected. Just as I was about to respond to Idbug, you posted...I logged in and there was your comment :)
Anyways, I was about to say that Big G is well aware that I am taken...Tidy...you met him at my gig.

Now, Musicgirl, who said you can't have more than one man...keep life interesting;)

O god no! Having more than one man doesn't sound like fun at all... it's hard enough taming one!
...and besides, why would I need two men when the one I have satisfys me comepletely? No need to be greedy...
Now, don't get me wrong, I have lots of male FRIENDS who respect our friendhip because the line was drawn from the beginning.
...Not just anyone gets to be my "man". That's an extra special privledge with extra special benefits;)
..but whatever floats your boat. I like it the way it is...no hassle, no fuss

ahh, well, lucky girl...if only my personal life could be as simple

Post a Comment

My Tune

  • I'm Musicgirl
  • From the culturally diverse land of
    Washington, D.C., United States
  • "Oh life could be much easier on me if I let things go and hid the feelings I show" - musicgirl lyrics
My profile