« Home | Birthday Boy Alert!!!!! » | My other lover... » | It must be love.... » | You call that being "WELL"? » | A Terrier with a Big Derriere » | Guys!?!? The camera's thata way!!! » | Band photos are fun :) » | Gibson and Me » | KC on the Radio!!! » | Quick update... »

The Verdict Is In...

Hello :) As you can see, I've been inspired by someone to make a little change... Spring does that to me anyway.

School has been keeping me extremely busy. A few days ago I had guitar juries. Because I am obtaining a degree in Music Therapy
and my minor is guitar, I am required to sit in front of a panel of professors and play two pieces for them. This is extremely nerve-wracking because the last thing you want to do is suck...in a school well known for its exceptional musicians...so you practice and practice and practice until you have visions of quater notes dancing in your head, even while you're asleep. What stinks is that all that practice doesn't really prepare you for what happens when you get even a little nervous. Try playing this...




...with shaky hands!!!! Especially the D in the third measure. I already have to muster up some extra strenghth to play that note with my little pinky...but trying to get the small surface of my finger to land on the second string, third fret, second beat, while keeping the upcoming string skip in mind, can be one heck of challenge when you're vibrating from the inside. I managed to get through Fedinand Carulli's, Country Dance (above) as well as an Etude, quite solidly though.

The Verdict...

There were some areas where the full chord could not be heard (which i was aware of because my hands were shaking like crazy!)...but apparently...

My technique was very good and my performance of the pieces was well executed.

I need to add some dynamic to repeated phrases...

I have an excellent foundation on the Classical Guitar...and

...(I swear a professor said this)...

I am much better to look at than Jim ( the guitarist before me)




Although Jim would have found the humor in the last statement...I was surprised to find that to be part of the evaluation...oh, well, i guess times are changing :/


So overall, I was found not guilty of sucking...

Damn girl, blog looks awesome!!

'Course you're good. Passed wi flyin' colours. Knew you would. Well I'd 'ave known you would if I'd known you were bein' tested anyway....Congrats.

Nice new blog n all.

Thank you (kiss kiss).

(That's for you TL. Sadly I'm too ancient n past it)

Wow, your new blog is stunning! And aren't you the glammy diva darlin'?!

Congrats on passing such a tough test. Can't imagine mastering that with shaking hands. Oi.

...any chance of a new post some time babe? :P

I'll make it a point to post tommorrow. it sucks...I'm full of blog ideas but never get around to posting seems like...

...ooooo...maybe I should write about how I"M GOING TO MEMPHIS TO SEE MY MAN ON THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Missing you!

Post a Comment