« Home | Memphis! Here I Come... » | It's Definitely a Girl !!!!!!! » | Her water broke!!!!! » | Thank you and you and you. » | R.I.P. » | A Little Secret » | ...It feels good! » | ...America, America..this is you! » | Segregation never, inspiration now » | Here we go... »

The Holiday Adventures of Musicgirl: PART I

This blog entry will be the first in a series of Holiday Adventures


It has been a long time since I have blogged or even been on the computer at all. I spent the majority of my holiday time in Memphis with my Prince Tidy. I spent the first two days trying to get my tolerance up to par and the rest of the time increasing it. From the airport we hit the bar and picked right up from where we left off last time we saw each other. 900 miles hasn’t changed a thing. I love that.
So…we’re talking...(well actually Tidy was doing most of the yapping) and as I start to actually listen to what he’s saying, words like “POKER” and “HAVE PEOPLE OVER MY HOUSE” and “1000 POKER CHIPS ON MY DOOR STEP” and “MAYBE IN-LAWS or FRIENDS SENT THEM” start to surface. As I stood their staring at Tidy with that confused puppy dog look he says “Baby, what’s wrong? Why are you looking at me like that.”

So I say"…ummm… Baby, I think those poker chips are from me.” Key words being “I THINK”. See, at that moment I was thinking all sorts of things. Tidy had me convinced that someone sent him 1000 poker chips. I knew I had only ordered 500 and asked for them to be delivered Thursday when I knew I’d be there. Did I just tell him what I got him for Christmas?... Shit! Someone else got him Poker Chips?...Damn! Someone else got him 1000 poker chips?... Did Fed Ex deliver early?... Was he drunk and saw two boxes instead of one?...
So. I started to investigate. I asked him who they were from. OK.
www.pokeroutlet.com. … Check. I asked him exactly what each box said. OK. 500 piece poker chip set, dice… Check. It’s looking good for the home team…but two boxes? “Maybe the case came in one box and the chips in the other,” I said. “No. They’re the same weight. 17 lbs.” said he. We decided to take a look when we got home.
…sure enough, two boxes were sent instead of one. So let me see…500+500=1000! Bingo! We opened one box and it was like finding a treasure. Tidy promised he’d teach me how to play poker...

... So we played until the crack of dawn, like a King and Queen on the river…

…To be continued

:P

Post a Comment